*recipe by Elysia, Registered Dietician, recipe developer and content creator for Haute & Healthy Living blog
This recipe for coconut and lemon loaf is a light afternoon tea snack that is easy to whip up and even easier to enjoy with a cup of tea and a friend.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a loaf pan using coconut oil or cooking spray. Alternatively, you can line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix until there are no more lumps. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Next, add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place mixture in greased loaf pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick/knife comes out clean and the edges of the loaf are golden.
- Allow the loaf to cool for at least 15-20 minutes before removing from the loaf tin. Either eat the loaf as is, or sprinkle with desiccated coconut. Place in the fridge or serve at room temperature.
Prepared and served fresh each day, Claridges' Afternoon Tea menu follows the traditional combination of sweet and savoury, and reflects the use of fresh ingredients and seasonal produce. Their impressive and complex line up of teas is the perfect opportunity to try something new.
On the move and want a quick but cultured afternoon tea break? Anya Hindmarch's quirky cafe on Pont Street, Knightsbridge is the place to go for a special yet understated afternoon tea treat. Make sure to try the Chubby Cloud Cake - trust us, you won't regret it.
FORTNUM & MASON
A classic British tea parlour steeped in tradition that dates back more than 300 years, Fortnum & Mason's Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon epitomizes the sophistication of Afternoon Tea in London. Whether your tooth is sweet or savoury, vegetarian or gluten-free, F&M has something on their menu for you.
Trendy, sexy and creative, Sketch brings a whole new dimension to the meaning of Afternoon Tea, with the setting being an experience in itself. It is most certainly one for the Afternoon tea lovers bucket list. Make sure to pop to the rest rooms for a surprising egg-shaped toilet affair.
Afternoon tea at Jean-Georges puts a playful, contemporary twist on this time-honoured British tradition. You will be whisked away on a sensational journey through taste and texture – with a few unexpected surprises along the way.